Our qualified Edinburgh plumbers are available to attend to a variety of plumbing issues. We handle both domestic and commercial plumbing situations, from leaking pipes to a full bathroom installation.
Our labour is fully insured and guaranteed for 1 year. In the unlikely event of an issue with our work, you can rest assured that we will return to resolve it within a reasonable period of time.
Helpful hints from our Edinburgh plumbers:
1. Always check for hidden pipework with a reliable detection device when carrying out DIY at home. All too often we are called upon to repair pipework after customers have attempted to hang pictures or lay flooring.
2. As far as possible use strainers over domestic plug holes to minimise the amount of hair or food being washed into drains.
3. When cold weather sets in during the winter reduce your risk of burst pipes by ensuring you put the heating on for at least one hour twice a day to prevent frozen pipes.
4. To prevent stop cocks from seizing up use a grease lubricant and turn them on and off at least once a year.
5. After installing a new washing machine remember to remove the transit bolts before using for the first time. Leaving the bolts in place could risk damaging your new machine.
Fully qualified gas safe registered engineers
Whether it's a simple boiler service or you need a brand new central heating system installed we can help.
Our fully qualified GAS SAFE REGISTERED engineers are able to service the vast majority of Edinburgh neighbourhoods and can help you with the following:
- Investigating boiler breakdowns
- Boiler servicing
- Boiler repairs
- Boiler parts replacement
- New boiler installations
- Boiler safety checks
- Installation, maintenance and repair of most gas appliances
We can also help with heating issues such as:
- Radiators not warming up properly
- Leaks in the central heating system
- Installing new or removing old radiators
- Fitting or replacing radiator valves
- Hot water tank repairs or replacements
- Installations or replacements of unvented cylinders
- Fix, install and repair all types of radiators
Repair or Replace?
If your boiler has stopped working or you are having problems with heating or hot water, we can help you to advise whether your existing system is worth repairing or not.
There are generally two types of boilers used in domestic properties:
1. Combi boiler - a combination of a central heating boiler and efficient water heater. This is ideal for smaller homes and provides hot water quickly with minimal wastage.
2. Conventional Boiler - with this system, water is stored in a separate cylinder; this can work well in larger homes requiring more hot water.
Benefits of a new boiler:
Modern boilers are usually fitted with sophisticated heating controls allowing you to adjust the temperature of your home to suit your needs. This helps you to take better control of your central heating system which often results in less wastage and lower energy bills. On contacting Cummings Plumbing we will arrange for one of our boiler engineers to visit you in order to survey your current system and discuss your options with you.
a: 11 St. Peters Buildings, Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, EH3 9PG
t: 0131 569 0800
m: 0777 914 6206
Domestic and commercial plumbing in Edinburgh
Our working hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. We do not operate an out of hours service but we will follow up any enquiries made during these times as quickly as possible.