The House Managers objective is to manage the house with pride and to an impeccable standard much like that of a private hotel. Providing a top quality service to the principals’ their family and guests. Ensuring that, the principals’ do not worry about the property or its day to day management.
As it is a new residence the house manager will ensure that the difference positions within the household staff are being developed to work alongside the principals’ specific requirements.
Household Management Responsibilities:
- Full hands on management, care and service of the house to the highest standard.
- Regular liaison with the Principals, 2x Personal Assistants (PA’s), Driver, Housekeepers, Nannies and Gardeners.
- Implementation and maintenance of the required service standards and operational procedures.
- To be fully aware of the daily, weekly and monthly schedules of the Principals and the household, including travel plans, guests/ visitors and events.
- Managing the organisation of regular business/ private events at the house in cooperation with PA’s.
- Liaison with the live in Property Manager who is responsible for the outside of the house, plant rooms, swimming pools, spa area, escorting external service & maintenance engineers, escorting external contractors, driving one of the principals, school runs, after school activities, working closely with the security/driver. Family/Security dogs.
- Co-ordination and supervision of caterers and/or the private chef, serving staff and any additional external staff for large events.
- Management of menus, co-ordinating wines and hiring of equipment required for events.
- Management and on-going training of housekeepers, temporary household and catering staff, as applicable.
- Direct liaison and coordination with contractor for attendance and service – florist, gardener’, window cleaners, utility providers, engineers etc.
- Effective management of staff rotas and household schedules.
- Manage budgets, minor bill paying, petty cash.
- To be responsible for health and safety measures and practices in the house.
- To ensure the house is secure at all times and everything is locked and alarmed at the close of each day.
- Support/advise Principals and household staff on protocol and correct etiquette as/if/when required.
- Be mindful of areas where other members of staff, within your remit, are struggling with their workload or interpreting what is required. Be able to assist, guide and support them where necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, Head Housekeeper, gardeners, household cleaning staff, household chef.
- Taking care of family dogs. Mindful of their health and welfare at all times.
- Organisation, preparation of meals, dinner, drinks, cocktail and canapé parties and events, to include polishing crystal and silverware, laying of tables, full butler service of meals, clearing tables etc.
- Meeting and greeting of ALL guests (upstairs) and visitors (downstairs) and looking after their needs.
- Unpacking the Gentleman and male guests’ luggage when they arrive, and packing for ready for departure.
- Valeting duties to include washing delicate items, ironing and pressing, maintenance of wardrobes, polishing shoes and other duties as a Valet.
- To perform driving duties as requested.
- Must have strong staff management and interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of flexibility and level of service is absolutely essential.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and high level of initiative.
- Computer literate, able to manage household expenses and work on word and excel.
- Valeting experience.
- Event management experience.
- Buttling experience.
- Full clean driving licence with experience of driving clients.
- Fluent spoken & written English.
- Practical with a hands on approach.
- Well- spoken with a confident and positive personality.
- Reliable and honest with a cheerful and willing disposition.
- Fit and healthy.
- Pleasant personality, honest with a good attitude.
- Dress smartly and respectably at all times.
- Current clean CRB check – or willing to initiate new one.
- Must be able to provide checkable references.
- Dog friendly.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.