Experienced English Tutor (BA HONS, PGDip) IELTS
General/Academic/Business/Medical English - OET
I offer customised courses for non-native speakers of English interested in improving their English skills.
I can travel to you, or we can meet somewhere suitable for the lessons.
I work in and around Central London but can travel further depending on location.
I use Google classroom online (in addition to hard copy material) so that lesson material is easily located, homework can be corrected and progress can be monitored throughout the lessons.
*It is advised to book as early as possible as student places are limited*
Bachelor degree (HONS) International Business & Languages (Spanish & German)
Postgraduate Degree TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
OET Tutor Training (Occupational English Test for Medical Professionals)
- 1.5 years running my own Tutoring Business, tutoring private individuals and company staff (ex-pats)
- 7 years teaching experience teaching in schools & colleges in South Kensington, Central London and London Bridge
- General English – Teaching practical, everyday English courses to students of all levels
- Academic English – Preparing Foundation and Pre-MA students for university study
- Business Enterprise – Teaching Business Studies to students preparing to study at university
- Business English – Managed Business English programme for company employees
- IELTS Exam Preparation – Classes and one-to-one lessons (online or face-to-face)
- OET Exam Preparation – Classes and one-to-one lessons (online or face-to-face)
I offer a FREE, 30 minute consultation with FREE tea/coffee before you decide if you would like to choose to study with me. I will check your English level by giving you a test, and then create a plan for you based on your individual needs and goals. There is no obligation to book.
I offer: one-to-one lessons, small group lessons, online tuition and proofreading services.
I provide the following English courses:
Focus on reading, writing, listening and speaking through a range of different topics and issues.
Practical, everyday English, for example - going to the Doctor, booking a holiday, going shopping etc.
Assistance with essay structure, referencing, proofreading and general study support for those at school/college/university.
English for work: assistance with presentations, how to interact in meetings, how to speak to your employer and colleagues, communicating on the telephone, sending emails etc.
IELTS/OET exam preparation and assistance in booking your exam.
If students have other requests, I am happy to accommodate these and incorporate them into a course designed especially for the individual.
I accept payment by the following methods: BACS/PayPal/Contactless Card Reader/Cash.
One-to-one lessons in person/online - £40 per hour
Small group rates – 2 persons £25 per hour per person
Small group rates – 3 persons £20 per hour per person
IELTS/OET one-to-one lessons - £50 per hour per person
IELTS/OET small group rates – 2 persons £35 per hour per person
IELTS/OET small group rates – 3 persons £30 per hour per person
Proofreading from £15 per hour depending on document
If you are interested in booking a consultation, contact me today, and we can get started!
Contact Matthew: 07956909093
Maida Vale, London