Microblading is essentially a form of a tattoo, but unlike a regular tattoo, the lines are created with the aid of a hand-held blade rather than a machine to design and create the desired shape for the individual client. The result of this technique is that the colour pigment that is used penetrates far less deeply into the layers of the skin. This in turn means that the results of microblading may last between 18 months – up to three years before needing to be topped up again – unlike traditional tattoos which never fully disappear.
The fine edge of the blades used allows skilled technicians to mimic the look and direction of natural brow hair, allowing clients to harness the perfect brow with zero makeup or time and effort. It is a treatment that can totally transform your face and frame your eyes beautifully, and because of this, it’s easy to see why it is becoming a must-have treatment. Many of our clients have either lost their eyebrow hair naturally with ageing, suffer with over-plucked brows that won’t grow back or simply have a natural shape that they are unhappy with.
Microblading is the treatment for anyone who is fed up of drawing on their brows on every day and struggling to make them look even and natural. It is a treatment for people who are wanting natural results and more defined brows on a more permanent basis and don’t want to spend hours trying to create brows they are happy with. This includes anyone with sparse, over-plucked, uneven or simply misshapen brows. We also frequently treat clients who suffer with medical conditions such as alopecia, or facial psoriasis which affects their brows. Clients may have lost the hair or they may find hair has thinned and in these cases microblading can totally transform their face instantly and give them their confidence back.
Our microblading eyebrows Liverpool treatment is split into two separate appointments which are spaced 6 weeks apart. The reason you need to come back after 6 weeks is because your skin needs time to heal – during the healing process some of the pigment may be pushed out of the skin naturally and your second appointment will ensure that we can correct any changes and make sure you leave with your desired result.
Microblading Before & After
Eyebrow Microblading FAQ’s
How long does a Microblading appointment take?
As microblading is a form of tattoo, strict aftercare treatments need to be followed to ensure your treatment is as effective as it can be. Microblading appointments can last anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours, depending on the client and the look they are wanting to achieve. As this is a semi-permanent procedure with long lasting results we want to make sure we get it right for our clients and so we take time and care not to rush any of our microblading appointments. This way, our clients can leave with natural looking, hair stroke brows that they can be proud of in the months and years to come.
Our Microblading treatment is split into two separate appointments which are spaced 6 weeks apart. The reason you need to come back after 6 weeks is because your skin needs time to heal – during the healing process some of the pigment may be pushed out of the skin naturally and your second appointment will ensure that we can correct any changes and make sure you leave with your desired result.
Does Microblading hurt?
Whilst some discomfort and minimal pain can be felt, we take measures to ensure that the treatment is as comfortable as possible and will numb the treatment area before the procedure. The blade does not penetrate as deeply as a traditional tattoo and many clients do not find microblading as uncomfortable a procedure as a traditional tattoo because of this. However, discomfort and pain is totally individual to the client and many of our clients have experienced very little to no pain during this procedure.
How long does Microblading last?
Your new brows can last anywhere between 12- 24 months as long as you follow all your aftercare. Depending on how you want your brows to look, top up appointments can be booked from as soon as 6 months up to 2 years.
When will I see results of my Microblading treatment?
Immediately. Your new brows will be immediately noticeable, however, often at the very start the colour is much darker then it fades over the coming weeks. Complete healing can take anything between 2-14 days and when you come back for your second appointment in 6 weeks we can correct any colour changes or lost pigment that has gone in the healing process
What aftercare do I need to consider?
As microblading is a form of tattoo, strict aftercare treatments need to be followed to ensure your treatment is as effective as it can be.
- It is important to apply the recommended cream to the treated area 2-3 times per day for the following week, or whenever the area feels dry. Keeping the area moisturised and soothed is important for colour retention and will minimise the chances of any pigment and colour being lost.
- Stay out of the sun where possible. If you must be out and about, wear a hat and lots of sunscreen to protect your new brows.
- Keep water off of your brows for at least 24 hours. After 24 hours you can wash your eyebrows with a cotton pad twice a day until they are fully healed.
- Do not use any facial creams, exfoliates, or harsh cleansers on your brows during the healing process as this will affect results and cause pigment to be lost.
- Normal activity can be resumed immediately, however, we recommend that heavy exercise such as intense gym sessions, aerobic dancing or weight lifting is delayed for approximately two to three days following the procedure to avoid sweat affecting the area.
- Your procedure will begin to oxidise immediately and during the next 3-4 days. This causes pigment to become darker. Do not be alarmed, this dark colour will either flake off or fade back to the colour that was first implanted (during the 1st five minutes of the procedure).
- Do not pick any scabs or dry areas that may form during the healing process, this may cause you to lose colour or damage your skin. Instead, apply some of the Recover All or Alternate after care given to you by your therapist.
- Fading or loss of pigment may occur. Some flaking off of the pigment is normal on some skin types; however there should be pigment under the skin where the original pigment has flaked off. If there is no pigment present, a touch up will be required to achieve lasting colour and this will be done in your 6 week follow up appointment.
- Over the next two to three weeks, the pigment intensity will lighten by as much as 80%. Ensure you have scheduled your top up appointment as Microblading is a 2 stage treatment which will make sure faded areas are touched up and everything is healing properly.
- Judgement of your final results should be deferred until one month following the second top up procedure.
How much is Microblading in Liverpool?
Treatment - £69.00
Top Ups - £69.00
Contact Aesthetics of Liverpool
6 Castle Street, Liverpool, L2 0NB
Tel: 0151 203 1393