*** EU / UK passport holders only ***
Looking for a full-time live-in nanny and housekeeper. Accommodation in a self-contained studio apartment with kitchen / bathroom and separate access.
We are a British family settled in the Zurich area of Switzerland for the last 15 years or so. We are looking for a live-in Nanny/Housekeeper for our 5-year-old boy/girl twins.
Our children are bilingual in English and German and are cheerful little people who love to be outdoors, do puzzles and play games. They are enjoying kindergarten and attend a local bilingual school where they alternate days in English and German. My husband and I work (I at 90%) and we also travel for business from time to time. We are friendly, relaxed and have a good sense of humor.
We are located 30 mins by public transport from central Zürich. Separate accommodation in the form of a self-contained, recently-renovated apartment within our house will be provided. For holidays and some weekends we also like to spend time in the mountains, where we have a small holiday home.
We can help with the process of obtaining a work permit after an initial probationary period (UK/EU citizens are allowed to live in Switzerland for up to 3 months without applying for such a permit) and would take care of any legal requirements here in terms of tax and social contributions.
Also part of our family is a Tibetan Terrier called Dusty (medium-sized non-shedding dog) who will require short walks during working hours (30 minutes, twice per day) in the surrounding countryside.
Experienced LIVE-IN NANNY/HOUSEKEEPER, location SWITZERLAND (Zurich area), Full time or Part time (approximately 42 hours per week, flexible at 4-5 days per week), salary negotiable, accommodation is included (as a benefit-in-kind for technical reasons) & on-duty food is included.
We are looking for a live-in Nanny/Housekeeper who would be willing to relocate to Switzerland (can be for a fixed term, but ideally no shorter than 1 year). Ideally someone with an outgoing, friendly disposition who is eager to embrace the challenge of living and working outside of the UK.
The role would include:
• Sole charge for our 5 year-old twins outside of school hours whilst parents are at work.
• A variety of household duties such as cleaning, laundry and cooking for the family.
• Household grocery shopping and meal planning
• Light gardening (e.g. mowing the lawn)
• Walking our dog (about 30 minutes per day)
• Babysitting for up to 2 evenings per week (week nights, arranged in advance). Any weekend babysitting at extra charge and mutually-agreed in advance.
• The possibility of travel and accompanying the family on occasional holidays.
• Tasks such as help with the children before and after school and doing breakfast and dinner for them. Playroom duties such as ensuring the children’s rooms are clean and tidy and that their bedding and clothes are laundered.
• Taking the children to and from school (drop off around 08:15, pick up at 15:00) either by car, walk (20mins) or bus. Also running the children to and from any activities or play dates on occasion.
Preferred candidates will have:
Excellent references and experience with a busy family
All relevant documentation relating to CRB/DBS checks
Childcare qualifications, ideally child/ Paediatric First Aid qualifications
A valid driving license and willingness to drive an automatic car in Switzerland is a requirement
German language skills would be an advantage
Mobile phone will be provided
Market salary with required social contributions and tax at source etc. Family meals are covered, accommodation included (as salary deduction), 1 flight home paid per year and we are willing to contribute to the costs of a language course.
If interested in this role, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org