£45,000 - £48,000 a year
Job Summary: A sole-charge Nanny/PA is required to take care of two boys of 4 and 8 years. Mum is a single parent living in Islington, and this is the primary location of the job. During some school holidays, Nanny must be willing to travel (within UK, USA and elsewhere) in order to take care of the children at their father’s home(s) and on trips with Mum. Parents are separated so understanding of ‘shared care’ would be beneficial.
Mum is a musician who works predominantly from her home studio but occasionally has international engagements; on some of these occasions Nanny must be prepared to proxy-parent for short periods. A willingness to be flexible with the working week would be desirable.
Both children attend school full-time (from September 2019) so Nanny will be required within the working day to attend to Mum’s personal and business needs. Relevant experience with this type of dual role is essential as this is a busy, all-encompassing position.
- Taking / collecting children to and from school
- Taking children to activities and playdates
- Overseeing homework
- Stimulating/creative/active play
- Maintaining the children’s calendar: school/playdates/tutors/activities/dentist/additional babysitting required etc
- Meal planning/cooking healthy meals for the children/online weekly food order
- Buying gifts for other children/helping boys to make cards
- Children’s laundry
- Keeping parents up to date regarding children’s development and wellbeing
- Collaboratively working with employer to support her busy (personal/business) schedule: diary management/making personal appointments/restaurant reservations etc
- Monitoring employer workflow, reminding employer of deadlines, and helping to prioritise where needed.
- Prioritizing and keeping track of incoming business requests, ensuring they are dealt with in a timely and professional manner. Making sure to represent the employer at all times with warmth, politeness and with utmost professionalism.
- Ensuring employer’s social media is kept up to date with tour dates, news and promotional posts, proactively showing draft posts to client for approval/amendment.
- Helping within the employer’s home and her personal life, for example personal and gift shopping, management of holiday arrangements, liaising with private healthcare provider, liaising with cleaners, contractors/maintenance operatives, paying invoices.
- Cat care; ordering food/supplies, taking cat(s) to vet and administering medicine if required
Applying for this position: Please email your interest in this position to [email protected]. Please ensure you include the reference number for the position you are applying for (found at the top of the advert). For candidates who are not currently registered with Eden Private Staff, please include an up-to-date CV when applying. Applicants for this position should have excellent checkable references and a valid DBS [CRB]. Please note we only register candidates with a minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
Eden Private Staff
Telephone: 0844 409 7321
International: +44 (0)207 471 6000
9 Cambridge Court
210 Shepherds Bush Road
How to Apply
Please email your interest in this position to